Monday, October 13, 2014

What's next in October?

Next on the calendar is the MEMBERSHIP MEETING tomorrow (Tuesday the 14th of Oct.) at the gallery where Caroline Henry will demonstrate her watercolor painting techniques.     Most of us like to be there a little early so we have time to check out the gallery and have a little refreshment before the very brief business portion of the meeting.  What we really look forward to most, is the friendly atmosphere during the demos.  It is so great to be able to ask questions and learn new things.   I have  yet to go to a demo where I have not learned at least one little new thing.   And I've gone to lots of them.    Or at the least, I learn a little more respect for things I know I won't ever do myself.    



This is the time to get your small works ready for next months show in the gallery.  It is a juried show, and non members are welcome to submit their art.    The information is on the Lodi Art Center web page.   Up at the top of the blog you can click on HOME and it should take you there.      Take in dates for small works are on Friday Oct. 31 noon to 5 p.m. and Saturday November 1st,  same hours.  I expect the show will be judged, hung and ready for viewing  on Nov. 5th or 6th in plenty of time for First Friday Art Hop on the 7th.   Put it on your calendar.     Remember these are one of a kind items for sale, so if you are shopping for gifts or something for yourself,  you need to view them soon after it's hung.         

No comments:

Post a Comment