Monday, September 15, 2014

Bringing home the ribbons

I spent most of today at the annual Grape Festival in Lodi.     I've never shown any of my art there, but many of our members did.   Rich Allen had a table for LCAC and had handouts and information.  He was also working on a new oil painting as a demo.  

Frances Scott had been invited to have tables and invite other artists to demo and show their work.      That's how I happened to be there.     Helen Pauwels, Jean Janssen and I paint together with Frances on Mondays at the senior center in Stockton.  she invited us to show our work with her, and Marge show her quilting and needlework.    

While I was walking around enjoying the art and the Bonsai, and table setting displays, I spotted a work I really liked and went over to see it closer.    Surprise!    It was an award winner - by our own Doug Drendell.     Isn't that a kick?    So then I started looking at the name tags with the art, and I found many of our members were showing art there - and many had won awards.  Some of the members I recognized were Darrell O'Sullivan, Jean Janssen, Patti Wallace, Caroline Henry, Rhonda Spillaine, Elizabeth Parrish, Sandy Telles, Rich Allen, Eric Baker, Beverly Felton, Frances Scott, Rochelle Tietze and Charlene Martin.



I'm sure there are others I didn't spot, and I apologize to anyone I overlooked.    LCAC was not only well represented - members brought home a lot of ribbons.  Kudos to those that entered and to those who received awards.       I'd say we have something to crow about.       

No comments:

Post a Comment